Tuesday, August 14, 2012

三: What's up? 2012年8月14日

What's up?

Hello.

你好。
こんにちは。

You might be wondering why you are seeing Japanese and Chinese characters on my website and this is because I aim to become multilingual (since I am only bilingual). I have been interested in studying different languages since I was very young and it was just a month ago where I seriously wanted to achieve that goal. Since I love to travel, learning a language of another country will make it easier for me to visit there and meet new people. It was what I learned and it was really frustrating when I went to Hong Kong where there is rarely someone who can speak English.

I have recently enrolled myself in a Mandarin language course in one of the most prominent schools in our country and I am studying Japanese through a sensei whom a friend referred to me. My colleagues and some friends said I am a bit crazy trying to study two languages at the same time. I really don't find anything unusual with that because when we were at school, we are studying more than 10 subjects or courses and it was a rare instance that one will go crazy studying all of those at the same time. Some says I might get confused but Japanese is based on the Chinese language and they almost have the same sentence structure and I take it as a challenge studying the two at the same time.

After about a month and a half, I now know how to count, greet, construct a basic sentence, describe something using basic adjectives and use basic verbs in sentence, ask a basic question both in Mandarin and Japanese.

I am actually proud of myself that I have learned all this in a short period of time and my goal is to become very good if not great in the two language or at least be conversational when I talk to a native speaker.

How about you? What languages do you speak?

Thank you.
Salamat.
谢谢。
ありがとうございます。

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr