Tuesday, August 14, 2012

一: How my journey started.

My journey started due to the fact that I was not allowed to go out when I was young. I studied in an exclusive school for girls until I reached high school and was never allowed to go out with my friends and this is because of the fact that it is not safe in our country for a young girl to go out alone. And so I had this dream that when I grow up, I would travel a lot. It even came to a point that my friend and I tool this horoscope test at our school's book fair and it says there that I like to travel a lot and I will be traveling the world. I showed it to my mother but she did not believe it because again, I never go out of the house but that phrase stuck in my mind.

During my elementary years I studied different languages on my own like French, German, Italian but I really got interested in Japanese and somewhat with Chinese. I bought books and tried to memorize the characters and stuff but eventually I got tired and stopped studying. My main reason for studying was that it might help me in going abroad.

When I reached college, I still was not allowed to go out and was even enrolled by my parents to study at the same school where my mother teaches. I always wanted to go to an art school or study language but my parents did not allow me and instead had take a computer course. I was very frustrated and so many unfortunate things had happened to me until eventually I graduated from school but I was still stuck at home because I did not have a job.

I became a bum and stayed at home surfing the web and being a couch potato. I did not have any exercise and eventually became fat. One day I realized that I should do something about my life and started to enroll at a gym. I met a lot of great friends at the gym and I became healthier, more fit but I was still stuck at home. I then had the confidence to look for a job and earn my own money and gain more new friends.

Last 2010, a very old friend popped me a message on Facebook. The last time we talked was like seven years back!. He asked me about my current hobbies and that time I was into running since I took kickboxing lessons at the gym and wanted to continue being fit. He then told be about his hobby which was mountaineering. At first I was like, "What am I going to do at the mountains?". I imagined dirt, mud, mosquitoes and everything disgusting when it comes to climbing the mountains.

My friend then showed me pictures but I still was not convinced until he told me about this beautiful mountain called Mount Pulag in Kabayan, Benguet all the way at the north side of the Philippines. I searched for it over the net and I was blown away! It was so beautiful and ethereal and instantly I was convinced to go mountain hiking.

I joined their organization and I was still skeptical at first until the day of our first climb arrived. I was clueless on what to do, what to wear, what to bring during my first climb which I will share to you in details on my next post. Anyway, it was very memorable for me since it was my first climb but after that, I was able to travel to different parts of the country and climb more than a dozen mountains in the span of 2 years.

On this blog, I will be sharing to you the mountains that I've climbed and the different places that I have visited since 2010. I haven't climbed again for almost a year but I have traveled and will be traveling again in and out of the country which i will be sharing as well on this blog.

I have and will always enjoy all my travels and I hope you enjoy my stories as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr