Friday, January 18, 2013

三十九:Bravo! Restaurant Review of Conti's Pastry Shop and Restaurant


 The first time I learned about Conti's was when I attended a Christmas Party of one of my acquaintances. Her family ordered this cake and when I tasted it, it was like ice cream and cake in one and the texture was soft, crunchy and creamy with mangoes, meringue, chocolate mousse, chocolate syrup and fresh cream. It was like all the things that I wanted in a dessert. I found out it was called Mango Bravo and it was from Conti's Bakeshop. It's the cake that made this restaurant famous.


 The nearest Conti's restaurant from my place is at Katipunan near Libis, Q.C. It was the Christmas season and I asked my friends decided to have breakfast there. It was not my first time eating there since we went there before just to eat the famous Mango Bravo cake as well as some of their pasta dishes.

Crispy Fried Squidlets 135Php
 For our appetizer we ordered Crispy Fried Squidlets. I love seafood and I really like calamari. This one is really little squids with teeny tiny tentacles and they are deep fried whole. It has a sweet chili dip on the side. My friend, who is very picky when it comes to food took a microscopic bite from one of the squidlet's tentacles. For me it was good just like a calamari but smaller in size.

Strawberry Yogurt shake and Mocha Frappe 125Php

Strawberry Yogurt Shake 120Php
 The drinks that we ordered came next. My friend ordered strawberry yogurt shake and the rest ordered mocha frappe. The drinks tasted really good. It was creamy and not too sweet.

Chicken ala Kiev 285Php
Then the main dishes arrived. My friend ordered Chicken ala Kiev because as a picky eater, she only eats chicken.

Chicken rolled and stuffed with cheese and herbs and topped with cream sauce.

It was chicken rolled and stuffed with cheese and some herbs and it has cream sauce on top. It was delicious and creamy. It reminded me of Cordon Bleu but this one does not have ham inside.

Salmon Salpicao with Buttered Corn Rice and Potato Salad 315Php

Potato Salad
Next in line was Salmon Salpicao. I have no idea what salpicao means but it looked like adobo to me but not as satly or vinegary as adobo. It came with buttered corn rice and I think to balance the meal and the saltiness it came with a potato salad. Again it was delicious.

Tofu Steak with Crab Salad and Japanese Fried Rice 205Php
 The last one of the main dishes that we ordered was Tofu Steak. We imagined a large flat tofu with sauce on top mimicking a steak but this one came cubed in a little bowl and topped with shitake mushrooms.

Japanese Fried Rice
 Obviously this one is very Japanese inspired with the Japanese fried rice, shitake mushrooms and crab salad combined in just one dish.
Tofu Steak
 There was no meat in this dish except for the crab in the crab salad. It was a simple yet tasty dish which I think follows the Japanese principles of being simple yet beautiful or elegant.

The Star of the Day
 And so the main reason why we went to Conti's arrived on our table, the Mango Bravo.

Layers of meringue, mangoes, chocolate mousse, chocolate syrup and fresh cream
I am not sure with Mango Bravo's dimension as a whole cake but a slice is about 6 inches in length and about 1.5 inches thick. If you buy a whole cake you can choose from two sizes, a small one which is like the size of a regular cake that you buy from other cake shops and a bigger one which is huge! I think the bigger one is around 10 to 12 inches in diameter and 6 to 8 inches in height. The price is 900 and 1300 for the bigger one. I tell, you one slice of this cake isn't enough and surely it will make you go "Bravo!"


Conti's has numerous branches besides Katipunan. There is one in Trinoma, Connecticut Greenhills, BF Homes Paranaque, Serendra Taguig, Greenbelt 2, ATC Muntinlupa, Robinsons's Magnolia and Lakeside Laguna. When you're in Conti's don't forget to try their cakes because I've tried their cakes other than Mango Bravo and definitely all are worth a try.

http://www.contis.ph
KATIPUNAN BRANCH 
(Function Rooms Available)
224 Katipunan Ave. Extension, Brgy. Blue Ridge, Quezon City

Tel. No: 
(+632) 682-0812; (+632) 646-3306;
(+632) 439-1238

Mobile: 
(+63922)847-3065; (+63917)872-6132;
(+63908)886-8453

2 comments:

venues in los angeles for parties said...

Wonderful blog post, I’ve saved this site so hopefully I will see more on this topic in the foreseeable future!

Ella said...

Thank you very much for that nice comment. ^_^

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr