Thursday, January 31, 2013

四十一:Wensha Spa and All-You-Can-Eat Buffet

The reception.
 My friend invited me to go to Wensha Spa Antipolo sometime around summer. I haven't been to Wensha and I've heard some good and bad reviews and I thought why not come with her and check it out myself. We arrived at Wensha around 10PM and you don't need to worry about time because it's open 24/7. 

Price list of the services.
When we arrived we went to the reception and paid for the package that we chose. We chose the package with includes the Massage, use of jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and All-You-Can-Eat-Buffet. I think it was around 700. We were then given slippers and we surrendered the shoes that we were currently wearing and we were also given our locker keys which are in a bracelet form.

The lounge.
 There are seperate rooms for the ladies and the gentlemen. When we got inside we were given bathrobes which looks like kimonos and two large towels. The lockers are high tech, you just point the key on the door where the lock is located and it automatically opens and once you close it, after 10 seconds it automatically locks.

We changed clothes and a funny experience was when a door inside the ladies locker room flung open and us girls were all shocked especially the youngest among us which was my friend's sister who was only 15 years old. It was the jacuzzi room's door and when it opened we saw old ladies naked coming out of the jacuzzi. Our eyes enlarged from shock and we looked at each other as if stoned. I go to saunas but never have I seen a sauna room or jacuzzi room that is so well lit you can actually see every inch of skin of anyone inside there and it's their rule that you are not allowed to wear any clothing once you dip in the jacuzzi. Imagine how the guys would feel..

The dining area.
 Since we haven't eaten dinner, we went to the buffet room first. At first we thought they ran out of food but they were actually about to replenish it soon. There were rice, vegetables, noodles. dumplings, spring rolls and stews. There was a soft serve sundae machine as well and had two flavors, vanilla and taro. Their buffet includes drinks such as iced tea or orange juice. I grabbed a plate and filled it with the food that I wanted to eat. My friends decided to go for shabu shabu. I remember the last time I ate at a shabu shabu, I got so full because of the soup absorbed by the food that we boiled in it so I decided not to join them in eating shabu shabu. 


The food that I ate
Buffet area.
 We then went to check the bar. The buffet includes beer and a hard drink if I remember it correctly but we did not take advantage of it. The bar did look cool and outside the window is a view of Metro Manila since we're on top of Antipolo.

Nice lighting fixture.
 We then went to the spa to get a massage. We each have our own masseuse and they let us choose from different oils such as mint, ginger etc. The massage lasted for an hour. I think the masseuse did well but then after the massage we were presented with a paper for us to sign and give them a tip. It felt, for me, like they were trying to rob us because I thought it was already included in the package. I mean, I would gladly give a tip and they do not need to do that. They can just give the paper to us and let us give it at the counter freely but no they will really wait for you to sign the paper with the amount. So I felt like I was obliged to not give just a tip but to pay them. I gave my masseuse 100. 

My taro sundae.
 Last stop was the Jacuzzi. It was already midnight so the jacuzzi room only had us as its guests. We took a shower first. There were 2 jacuzzi tubs. One has hot water and one has cold water and take note it has hot not warm water. We dipped our foot and we can barely dip in it but we forced ourselves so our body can adapt to the temperature. What we noticed was that the water had some oils or conditioner in it because it seemed that our skin felt smooth. They also provide ice cubes for those who cannot stand the heat and those who want to go inside the sauna. They have mint and lavender oils that you can put on your ice cubes for aromatherapy.

View of Metro Manila from the bar.
 We tried both the steam and sauna room but both were too hot. I felt like I was going to faint inside the rooms and there is no way for any guest to control the temperature. Lastly we tried the cold jacuzzi tub to close our pores and it was ice cold it felt like the water was piercing our skin so we just jumped right in and got out right away.

We took our shower and they provide the shampoo and liquid soap and they have hot and cold water in their shower room. Back at the locker room they have disposable toothbrushes, toothpaste, cotton buds, hair dryer and even hair gel.

The bar.
Overall it was a so-so experience. Not good but quite okay. The place is nice but I feet like 800 pesos is too expensive for the so-so buffet and 1 hour massage but I do think one can enjoy the place if you can eat a lot because I don't or I can't. I think I'd rather get a massage then eat the food that I want at a restaurant and the cost might just be the same.

I think Wensha has two branches. The one that we visited was in Antipolo along Sumulong Hi-Way. It's about 15-30 minutes depending on the traffic from Masinag intersection going up to Antipolo. You won't miss it because it has a large sign along Sumulong.

3 comments:

Me said...

Wensha also has some branches here in Quezon Ace and in Pasay. I see to it that I'll always drop by to their Pasay branch to relax because of the stress from work.

I had a great experience here, that's why I keep on coming back! And yeah they also had a promo posted on Metrodeal, worth buying indeed! Link here: Wensha Spa

Pretty said...

Thanks for the review, just like you i wanna try wensha spa antipolo i heard that it was the biggest branch, but i was able to get mine with a discount. Wensha SpaW so i will not regret if ever in not satisfied.

Ella said...

@Cristal: I haven't been to their other branches but maybe if I do get a discount I might give them a try again.
@Pretty: Thanks for the comment! Too bad I did not get any discount but yeah maybe if it was discounted I would not regret going there. ^_^

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr