Saturday, March 11, 2017

七十一:Target Shooting at Commando Shooting Range

Welp! I am back... Again!

Let's start my year with a BANG!

Summer is coming and I have quite a lot of time in my hands to publish new posts on my blog.


Disclaimer: I do not own a gun.

I am no war-freak and I do not have any dreams in becoming an action star. ^_~

I am a very adventurous person and I like trying new things.


I have this friend who is into target shooting and he is a member at the Commando Shooting Range in Q.C.

He invited me one time to try it and I immediately agreed as I am willing to try new things. I am a very curious little girl. ^_^


Since he is already a member, his guest can borrow guns for free. 

We only had to pay for the bullets that we were going to use.


We chose to use a .45 caliber and a 9mm caliber pistol.


Since it was my first time using a gun, I was first taught the basics.

I was taught how to hold a gun, how to load the gun, how to load the bullets etc.


I first used the 9mm as it was smaller and was made of plastic so it was lighter but when I tried loading the gun the first time, I had weak hands and my hand slipped and it got caught in between the gun and scratched my palm.


The trainer and also the guy who manages the shooting range kind of scolded me for doing it wrong as it would really hurt me.

He showed me the correct way of doing it and I tried it again. I gave more strength pulling the gun and voila! I was able to load it correctly.


I then tried doing the same thing with the .45 caliber which was heavier and was made of metal.

Since I was able to practice with the smaller gun, it was a bit easier with the heavier one though it still gave me a challenge.


And then the most exciting part, shooting!

I again tried shooting with the lighter gun first. Even though we were just using handguns or pistols, they are still heavy especially for a small girl like me.

Lifting the gun was already a challenge. I tried to make sure I was pointing at the center before I shoot,

Amazingly I was able to shoot the center during my first try.

With the second gun, the .45 caliber, it was heavier and it was harder to manipulate and maybe because my hands and arms were already tired with the first gun, I couldn't shoot the center anymore but it was still inside the circles except for maybe one shot. ^_~

Still good for a first timer in my opinion. ^_^


We tried a third gun which is a shot gun. We wanted to try a M16 rifle but since gun ban was still implemented, it wasn't available.

Again I was taught how to properly handle a shot gun. And it was very heavy! Lifting the shot gun for a minute is almost impossible. But it looked really cool! ^_^

It felt like I was ready for a zombie apocalypse!


Unfortunately, since using the shot gun was really hard, when I tried shooting, the gun slipped on my shoulder when it recoiled and bruised it. 

I thought it was muscle pain but after a few minutes, my shoulder started to turn red then purple haha!

I really enjoyed my target shooting experience and would definitely try it again when I have the time.

I can say it's a good really good stress reliever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr