Sunday, April 6, 2014

六十六:BonChon Seafood Platter

I love BonChon!
BonChon is a Korean fast food chain famous for it's super crispy Korean style chicken.
Last year, BonChon opened their branch in Sta. Lucia Mall.


Korean style fried chicken based on the recipes that I searched are double fried that is why it is very crispy. It is also usually covered in a sweet, salty and most of the time spicy sauce. The sauce is usually a mix of sugar or molasses, garlic, soy sauce and chili paste.


I have tried BonChon's chicken before but I like their seafood dishes more and usually I order their fish and chips in spicy variant.

BonChon's Seafood Platter
They also have other seafood dishes like calamari and shrimps. If you really like seafood, they have the seafood platter which is 395Php and has 4 crispy shrimps (soy or spicy), calamari (pepper spiced) and 4 crispy fish (soy or spicy). It also comes with 2 dips for the calamari.

Seafood Platter 395Php
What I like most about BonChon is that when you order the food in spicy variant, it is indeed spicy with a hint of sweetness which I really like.

Crispy Shrimps
The shrimps have a thin very crispy shell outside and the spicy variant is sweet and spicy. The shrimps aren't that big but not that small either. I like how it looks, kind of like a caterpillar. LOL!

Calamari
The calamari also has a crispy coating and the squid is chewy but not rubbery. The calamari has a little pepper flavor and is not that salty and so it comes with their spicy mayo dip. The dip isn't actually that spicy but is somewhat sweet, tangy and a little spicy.

Crispy Fish
My favorite in BonChon is their crispy fish. The fish is very tender and flaky and the crust is really crispy. I also like it's flavor because it is sweet, salty and spicy.

Delicious brewed iced tea. 45Php.
Besides the food in BonChon, I also like their iced tea. It's not your typical powdered lemon flavored tea. It tastes like iced brewed tea with real citrus juice. I usually have it up sized because it tastes really good.


Besides the food, BonChon's ambience is also nice. It's theme color is mainly white and red with the white dominating, giving it a sanitary and spacious feel.


They also have walls that mimic wood and brick walls that gives it a warm effect and the frosted glass giving it a modern look.


If America has KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken), Korea has their own KFC (Korean Fried Chicken), BonChon. I must say, I like both!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr