Friday, September 27, 2013

五十八:Famous Belgian Waffles


Waffles are becoming popular these days or should I say, eating breakfast anytime of the day is the trend and waffles is among the famous breakfast food.

One of the fastest growing number of food stalls that I have observed is Famous Belgian Waffles. I've seen a stall in like each SM Mall that I've been to.

wooden chairs and tables
 You won't miss it because once you pass by it you'll smell the scent of waffles being cooked. In my opinion though. it doesn't smell like waffles but coconut oil. Maybe they are using coconut oil for their waffles?

Ham and Cheddar cheese and Chocolate Banana waffles
 While strolling one day at Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall, I passed by their stall and there were a lot of people lined up. Out of curiosity and hunger, I went ahead and ordered some waffles.

 I ordered a Ham and Cheddar Cheese waffle, Chocolate Banana waffle, Hot Chocolate and Malaysian Coffee.

Our waffles and hot drinks
I liked the ham and cheese waffle because of it's sweet and salty combination. The chocolate banana is also good but nothing special. The waffle itself for me is too soft or soggy but it tastes like ordinary pancakes.

The coffee reminded me of the tea tarik in Malaysia. It's like rich milk tea than coffee but it tastes really good. The hot chocolate is also good but again it's your typical hot choco and it goes well with the waffles.

Hot chocolate
The price range of their waffles start from 30Php to 55Php depending on the filling. The drinks are around 30Php to 45Php.

From what I know, what I ate weren't Belgian Waffles. Belgian Waffles are supposed to be chewy and thick because it starts as a dough and that dough is put inside the waffle iron and it rises almost like bread. 

On the other hand, Famous Belgian Waffles' waffles are like pancakes. They have a liquid batter which they pour in the waffle maker after a customer's order is taken.

Malaysian Coffee with milk
So, will I buy waffles again from them? Well, I haven't bought waffles from then ever since so most probably no. It's not bad tasting but I was expecting "authentic" Belgian Waffles.

If I you want REAL Belgian Waffles, try going to Caffe Bene instead. It's a Korean cafe but they serve authentic Belgian Waffles.


Location: Famous Belgian Waffles have stalls in almost all SM Malls in Metro Manila.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked the chocolate and peanut butter waffle! Yum! Yum!

Ella said...

@joseph I like ham and cheese

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr