Saturday, October 12, 2013

六十一:Moshi Manju Korean Cake


I'm reviewing yet another Korean food. This time it's a Korean snack from a kiosk named Moshi Manju. 

Moshi Manju says on it's description, is a Korean cake. 

Big Box of Moshi Manju, 24 pieces for 92Php.
I'm not sure if it's really called manju in Korean because from what I researched, manju is actually a Japanese snack made of mochi but has filling in it.

The so called Korean cakes are small about slightly more than an inch in length and about half an inch in thickness.


The shape of these mini cakes are oval and has a corn pattern design. The mini cakes do taste like corn, almost like a corn muffin and are filled with different sweet fillings such as chocolate fudge, mocha, and pastillas.

Since it is called manju I'm assuming it has glutinous flour mixed in it but I doubt that they do because I've tasted mochi breads before and the texture is different.

Nice corn pattern.
The manjus are sold in 4's, 8's and in boxes 15's and 24's and you can choose the flavor depending on what is available for that day.

I bought the 24 pieces and the flavor available were chocolate and pastillas which is like thick sweet custard more like our yema. The 24 pieces is 92Php.

Chocolate fudge filled manju.
By the way. the stalls usually have the cakes cooking right in front of you. It's actually fun to watch and smell how the cakes are made.

Pastillas filled manju.
I should also warn you not to eat the cakes right away if it's given to you freshly bakes because it will burn your tongue because the filling can be really hot and this is based on my personal experience. LOL!

Anyways, even though the name is confusing, it's a really good snack. What I don't like about it is that once it gets cold, the cake becomes a bit tough so I usually reheat it in the microwave to soften it and again, don't eat it right away once you reheat it.

Price:
4's - 18.00Php
8's - 15.00Php
15's -  60.00Php
24's - 92.00Php

Location: SM Megamall Basement of Building B near Luk Yuen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr